Four Aspects of Gratitude
Rev. John W. Adams
While it is good consider all aspects of Gratitude, here are the main four.
1. Past blessings – Giving thanks for blessings that have come to you in the past is a good idea, but do not dwell too much on them. If you do, you tend to live in the past. Let them be happy memories of the good that God has blessed you with and add to your feeling of gratitude.
2. Present blessings – We all have more blessings than we might be aware of. Years ago, when I was depressed because things were not going as well as I thought they should, a wise friend told me to write a list of all my blessings. My reaction was that she didn’t understand my situation. I didn’t have any blessings. She said “yes, you do. Start writing!” I was amazed that when I did as she advised, how many things I came up with. That taught me a valuable lesson to be aware of my present blessings and to be grateful for them. This practice has worked wonders in my life, and it will in yours, too. It’s the same as practicing the presence of God.
3. Future blessings – It is advisable and scientific to give thanks for the blessings you expect to have. This activity serves to hasten them to you. When you pray and affirm for some desired good to show up in your life, give thanks that it is doing so now. This is faith in action. Since it is done unto you according to your faith, you are wise to do this. For instance, if you are praying for the healing of some area of your body, give thanks that God is mightily present in every cell of your whole body and especially that area. Act as though it is already so by being grateful for divine restoration to perfect health.
4. Just be Grateful! – Eric Butterworth, Unity minister and author, said, “You don’t really need anything to be grateful for, just be grateful!” He is right, of course, because this pertains to the feeling of gratitude. When you feel grateful, divine love is moving in your whole being and you are in tune with the Power, Presence, and Activity of God, infinite good. By feeling grateful, you are free from negative things that block your good, and you open the way for more and more of God’s beauty, peace, life, love, and abundance to flow freely in and through you into your life as beautiful blessings for you and your loved ones.
Gratitude is love in expression. The more grateful you feel and genuine thankfulness you express, the happier, healthier, more peaceful and prosperous you are. It’s a wonderful way to live. Prove it for yourself and enjoy the ride! – Lovingly, Rev. John
I give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with my whole heart. Psalm 86:12
- A GIFT FOR YOU! – Send to us, your Golden Key Success Story in about 100 words, and we will send to you a gift copy of, THE MENTAL EQUIVALENT by Emmet Fox. Please give specific details.
- FYI – Rev. John is accepting a limited number of Counseling/Coaching appointments. To arrange to talk with Rev. John, send an e-mail to: mailto:RevJohn@GoldenKeyMinistry.com. C/C appointments are by love offering. Suggested love offering: $50 to $100 up to one hour. Please give your state/country, time zone, and best time to talk.
* * *
I turn the Golden Key: Turn away from the problem and turn to God. God is the Answer!
Golden Keys to Answered Prayers …
Thank You, God, I am Grateful!
In the Mail …
Grateful for Prayer! – Thank you for sending your Newsletters to me, and for your wonderful websites. I am grateful, too, for your prayers which are helping myself and my family. We are healthier, happier, and more prosperous. My thankful tithe is enclosed. Keep up your good work. – F. P. in Colorado
Bytes of Wisdom …
The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts. – Marcus AureliusA man automatically attracts to himself a correspondence of his inner mental attitudes. – Ernest HolmesAs we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John F. KennedyBe thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
A Little Humor …
You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.
Don’t give up. Moses was once a basket case.
Come early for a good back seat.