1. Do your best to love your partner unconditionally.
2. Have no undelivered communication. Say what needs to be said in a loving way. READ: “Communicating is NOT Optional.”
3. Give up your expectations about how you think your love partner should love you and allow them to love you the way THEY love you. Focus on what you need from the relationship and have no undelivered communication about it.
4. LISTEN to your partner. When he speaks, listen. When she speaks, listen. Women do not want a Mr. Fix-It; they want someone who will really listen to what they say. Do not offer advice unless it is asked for.
5. NEVER intentionally say hurtful things to your love partner. Treat your partner with respect.
6. Give up being right! Holding on to what doesn’t work, or resentment, anger will keep you stuck!
7. REMEMBER: Relationships are not 50/50. They are 100%/100%. Share in the household chores and other responsibilities. It’s okay to take out the garbage!
8. Relationships are something that must be worked on ALL THE TIME, not only when they are broken and need to be fixed.
Larry James is a Relationship coach with many years experience. Larry is a good friend who maintains an awesome website: www.CelebrateLove.com. He has also authored several books on relationships. Your comments are invited.
This article is offered as part of my ongoing effort to provide you with helpful, inspiring spiritual food and practical ideas in your quest to live a happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous life. Read the many other articles. There is something here for you. – Lovingly, Rev. John
Copyright © 2012 – Larry James – Adapted from the book, “How to Really Love the One You’re With: Affirmative Guidelines for a Healthy Love Relationship” by Larry James. Send e-mail to Larry James
Larry James is a Relationship coach with many years experience. Larry is a good friend who maintains an awesome website:www.CelebrateLove.com. He has also authored several books on relationships. Your comments are invited.
Golden Key Ministry-Unity is wholly supported by the voluntary tithes of friends who appreciate what we are doing. You are invited to include this ministry in your tithing practice. We are immensely grateful for all financial support because it helps to maintain this source of spiritual food for you and many other friends around the world. Please use the Donate button on this page, or send your contributions to the address below. Thank you for your generous support.